All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Expert Class

Default Arm Pump Fix - THAT WORKS!

I think I finally found something that fixes arm pump, for me anyway. I have been training pretty hard, lost 35 pounds, put on a lot of muscle but have not been able to ride since Oct. So last weekend was my first day back on the bike, horrible arm pump, couldn't even finish my first lap. So after I got warmed up I went back to the truck and decided to try these Force Factor pills I use at the gym, they have Nitric Oxcide which promotes oxygen to the blood and increases blood flow. But it causes my muscles to swell after working out so I was a little worried it would cause my forearms to swell and not return the blood.

So I chilled for about 20 minutes ate my PB&J sandwich, benchraced and got back on the bike. Zero arm pump! I have never been able to lace together 10 solid fast laps. The stuff works, if you have a problem with arm pump, check out the force factor website and give it a try. I think its a solid product
Old 03-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Novice Class

I may have to look into that I get horrible arm pump. thanks
Old 03-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Beginner Class

i take the same stuff, but anything that has nitric oxide or arganine will help with arm pump, im not sure why really but i can tell a huge difference if i ride with or without takin the stuff.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:36 PM
ATM! Pro Class

You guy's need to load up on some good ole and H2o.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Intermediate Class

never heard of that product. only nitric oxide product i've used is No-explode. i thought it was great in the gym! but EXPENSIVE.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Expert Class

Yes there are other products like it, one I know of is muscle meth, then you guys mentioned a couple others. My understanding is all those products have other things like creatine and what not. Force Factor says they do not have any other substances in their product and claim that since its all natural it should not have any of the side affects of the other products. I am not gonna act like I know a lot about this stuff, truth is I only bought cause BJ Penn was pimpin it.

I eat pretty healthy, in the past my fitness was holding me back but I got myself in shape and workout 4-5 days a week. I also tried eating bananas, I always drink tons of water so that was never an issue and I would even try to take potassium pills to get more, none of that worked for me. For me, and hopefully it was not just this one time, it worked better then anything I have ever done. I will say the only draw back was I was ready for another 20 laps but my fingers would not operate the controls and I almost went down twice so I decided it was time to call it a day. The last almost crash I came into a corner really hot and got on the front brake but my hand would not let go of the gas. I chuckle now but I thought I was going down for sure. But I just wanted to share, I know I was faster then ever, rode way longer then ever everyone in our group had a comment about never seeing me burn so many laps, to the "damn you got fast, I am gonna have to start working out". Plus I think I picked up a few HP dropping the extra weight. Still gotta learn to protect that inside line!

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Oh if, (god I sound like a spoke person), if you buy this stuff at GNC its like 80 bucks, order thru their site and its a free trial, then they will bill your card 79 bucks in a month if you do not cancel, but call and cancel after that and they will refund your money, give you another free 30 days plus send you some free Ramp Up, which is just caffeine and stuff in a pill, but its free, then tell you it will only be 29 bucks if you order thru them, but they cant tell you that would ruin their relationship with retailers.

I made that one sentence on purpose
Old 03-09-2010, 07:19 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Most of those muscle powders aren't worth didley squat! Stretching and warm up are paramount before a 20 min moto, why do the Pro's have push bikes or running machines in their trucks, warm up, stretch your muscles and tendons lot's even during the week. Eat well, and get the right amount of ride time in the saddle during practice, if you race 20 practice for 30 min. And keep eating the banana's they do work.

Bananas contain three natural sugars - sucrose, fructose and glucose - combined with fiber. Research has proved that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout.Bananas contain tryptophan, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.It contains vitamin B6 and Vitamin Bs,high in iron,high in potassium and magnesium yet low in salt.Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Expert Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjg351 View Post
Most of those muscle powders aren't worth didley squat! Stretching and warm up are paramount before a 20 min moto, why do the Pro's have push bikes or running machines in their trucks, warm up, stretch your muscles and tendons lot's even during the week. Eat well, and get the right amount of ride time in the saddle during practice, if you race 20 practice for 30 min. And keep eating the banana's they do work.

Bananas contain three natural sugars - sucrose, fructose and glucose - combined with fiber. Research has proved that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout.Bananas contain tryptophan, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.It contains vitamin B6 and Vitamin Bs,high in iron,high in potassium and magnesium yet low in salt.Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body.
Yep, its all bananas, stretching and warm ups for the pros. Has nothing to do with training 8 hours a day and riding every day. I realize you like argue EVERYTHING and you can be one of them that doesn't try it, but theres already one that agrees, the rest can decide for themselves.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Expert Class

I am by no means suggesting to take a pill and poof all your problems are solved. I have been training, but the pills just took care of the arm pump
Old 03-09-2010, 11:43 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobish View Post
Yep, its all bananas, stretching and warm ups for the pros. Has nothing to do with training 8 hours a day and riding every day. I realize you like argue EVERYTHING and you can be one of them that doesn't try it, but theres already one that agrees, the rest can decide for themselves.
Ha ha you'd argue with a fence post ole mate, keep taking your diet pills i'll stick with me Tarzan to the start line!

For anyone else who's interested watch this it works for my son and he is Pro.

Last edited by pjg351; 03-10-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:15 AM
Expert Class

Quote:
Ha ha you'd argue with a fence post ole mate, keep taking your diet pills i'll stick with me Tarzan to the start line!

For anyone else who's interested watch this it works for my son and he is Pro. YouTube- Motocross Riding Tips - Arm Pump
You seem to be the that fence post. There is a difference between kids who have been riding their entire life and people who picked the sport up in their late their 20's. You are not the MX expert you think are, just another internet arm chair quarter back with all the answers

By the way resident know it all, they are not diet pills, they are mass building pills. I am just curious, is there anything on this forum you dont constantly pretend to know everything about? Just like your argument that San manuel is factory yamaha now. You keep your bananas and net videos, Ill stick with the pills, I know of a pro who lived with my cousins brothers sisters roommate.......................

Last edited by noobish; 03-10-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:06 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
I am by no means suggesting to take a pill and poof all your problems are solved. I have been training, but the pills just took care of the arm pump
You speak with fork tongue my friend, so which is it? and before you go getting of your high horse, 16 year olds suffer from arm pump not just worn out old blokes. We have been down this track for 2 years trying to get the right balance to rid arm pump, the muscle blast drinks, Grandma's magic potion, tried them all. Maybe the fact that you have been training might just have more to do with it than you think. Happy riding!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Expert Class

Moto

Quote:
You speak with fork tongue my friend, so which is it? and before you go getting of your high horse, 16 year olds suffer from arm pump not just worn out old blokes. We have been down this track for 2 years trying to get the right balance to rid arm pump, the muscle blast drinks, Grandma's magic potion, tried them all. Maybe the fact that you have been training might just have more to do with it than you think. Happy riding!
I think I was pretty clear that the training is what is giving me endurance. I am also pretty positive everyone with a dirt bike knows if you work out you will get better results, so you will just have to forgive me for being light on pointing that out to the readership.......

Look, argue it all you want, unless you pop the pill yourself and try it, you have no ground to argue and no reason to talk down to someone you don't even know. The pill does exactly what it says it will, it increase your work outs, you will increase your weights quickly and it does just that, I lift more, longer harder sets and dont poop out, plus I look freaking buff for an hour after cause it causes so much swelling of the muscle, why you might ask>? Cause it increases blood flow which aids in building and healing of muscles. And its got some other crap the dude above named but I have no idea what that does or is.

It is not marketed as a cure for arm pump, there is zero affiliation to any MX relation. It is a supplement for body building, that is all. I got the idea to try it at the track because of the results in the gym that I am getting with it. This isn't a magic take me and eat cake all day and you will lose weight gimmick. Its a tool to give you more to push harder through your workouts and go to your limit, which is when you make good gains. And it does just that.

I have tried every gimmick for arm pump too, the sprays, the stretching, trying to relax, taking asprin, eating bananas, etc. Throughly warming up does help, but the hand issues always showed up no matter what. Maybe I am calling hand pain arm pump and its not, I don't have issue with my forearms hurting its all in the wrists and hands.

Bottom line is, the stuff worked great for me and I plan to take it next time to see if it does it again. I wouldn't be on here telling people about it if I was not convinced it played a major part in making the hand problems go away. And if someone wants to try it and they have the same reaction wonderful, if they wanna tell me I am an idiot and it didn't do squat, that is good to. But you have no idea what the pill even is nor have you ever, or anyone you know, taken it. I'd offer to mail you some but a pro probably has a pretty good training program and access to better products and I am pretty sure you are just a dirt spectator. But anyone else I would love to hear what you guys think so I am totally willing to send a few out to anyone that would like to try it and tell me if I am full of it or if you got the same results. I have no reason to pimp this stuff other then I think others will be as happy as I am to have found something to make the ride all that much better.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Expert Class

I hate having to eat my own words, but here goes; PILLS DIDNT DO **** yesterday.......

My arms hurt worse then ever before, I dont konw if its cause I have been lifting, I totally felt the death grip and tried to work on it but just couldnt let go of my damn grips. Focuse on my breathing, slowing down and just riding thru it ended up payin off cause around 2:30 I really came alive and was able to stay out on the track for what seemed to be an hour. one friend took the pills said he didnt notice jack, my other friend thought they helped quite a bit but I am not sure anymore. Cant stand it when that damn Aussie is right........
Old 04-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Manufacturer Dude

I pop a few Tylenol a few hours before I ride. I don't get arm pump too bad unless I am having a really off day but the Tylenol helps with a lot of things - not just arm pump. Oh - and I drink a ton of water and Gatorade before and during riding.

Scott
Old 04-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Pro Class

Quote:
I hate having to eat my own words, but here goes; PILLS DIDNT DO **** yesterday.......

My arms hurt worse then ever before, I dont konw if its cause I have been lifting, I totally felt the death grip and tried to work on it but just couldnt let go of my damn grips. Focuse on my breathing, slowing down and just riding thru it ended up payin off cause around 2:30 I really came alive and was able to stay out on the track for what seemed to be an hour. one friend took the pills said he didnt notice jack, my other friend thought they helped quite a bit but I am not sure anymore. Cant stand it when that damn Aussie is right........
Glad to see you're man enough admit you were wrong..

Old 04-12-2010, 02:37 PM
ATM Contributor!

It's interesting that you mentioned that you ate your PB&J, as that is what I swear by. I get arm pump almost every time I ride for the first couple laps, then I take a break, eat my PB&J, drink a bunch of water and then I improve dramatically. Not sure if it really has anything to do with the PB&J, but that regiment seems to work. I would imagine it has a little to do with the water and just relaxing as well, but it seems to work for me most of the time. I wish I could stomach a banana, just can't do it.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Age is a state of Mind

Oddly enough for me, I don't really suffer much from arm pump unless I eat bananas. Then I start to cramp up like mad. Very odd. I guess the moral to my story is that what works for one might not work for someone else.

The biggest help to me is to truly warm up when riding.

I take at least 2 laps of slow riding and make sure I'm gripping my bike with my legs, breathing, and letting my grip loose on the jumps before I do any full speed laps. That tends to set me up physically to do my moto'ing a lot better and a lot more like I want it to be -- with the added benefit of not having arm pump.

Now if I was only in better shape...
Old 04-12-2010, 03:54 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Cant stand it when that damn Aussie is right........
Lol, Noobish i don't think there's any quick fix with the dreaded arm pump. Some may get some benefit from the pills mostly due to the nitric acid content they may have, but the old Banana is full of the same stuff. If you do find the cure my son could sure use it

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion