All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Expert Class

Default Anyone else go riding today?

I packed up this morning and headed for Prairie City (that's where the Hangtown track is).

I didn't ride Hangtown, though. Prairie City has a pretty fun moto track, so I stuck to that one today.

They've been doing a good job of keeping it groomed and watered. During my first lap this morning it was a bit dry and I was thinking, "I hope the water truck comes out soon.", and as soon as I came around the next corner I saw the truck driving down to water the track! hahah

It was almost a hundred degrees here today (it was 108 on thursday and 105 yesterday, so less than 100 was kind of "nice"), so I made a couple of passes right under the water spray from the truck and got myself good and soaked. It felt good! Unfortunately the truck didn't come around enough to keep myself wet the whole time. heheh

Anyway it was a great day of riding. I did have one minor get-off for the first time in a couple of months. The first turn is a right-hander leading into a table-top. The downside of the table top has developed some pretty good-sized woops before the track heads uphill again. Well I overjumped the tabletop a little (what can I say, I was going fast!) and landed all wrong right onto one of the woops. The bike went sideways and I high-sided. I managed a pretty decent tuck and roll and came away without breaking anything on myself or the bike. It was even still running and nothing was broken (gotta love those ASV levers!), so I picked it back up and kept on going!

Other than that one little mishap, which was no big deal, it was a perfect day on the track.

Anyone else?
Old 07-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Intermediate Class

Default Re: Anyone else go riding today?

not me, i wish though. sounds like you had fun. up in idaho it was 101 yesterday for the first time of the year. its hot in the summer and gets really cold in the winter. first crash in a few months. wow. i crash at least once a month. that is if i can ride. i have had a lot of ugly crashes that i have walked away from though. from high speed desert whoops to trees, to running over a downed riders bike after landing off a double, etc. my last crash was the first one i was seriously hurt on though. sounds like your crash was like ricky carmichael's crash at southwick in 2005. overjumped a jump and landed in those bumps wrong.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Expert Class

Default Re: Anyone else go riding today?

Yep, that's exactly what happened. I cleared the tabletop and the downside where you're supposed to land, and came down right in these bumps. The bike went sideways, but I was carrying too much forward momentum to ride it out. I realized there was no avoiding the fact that I was going down so I just jumped clear of the bike and concentrated on landing well so that I didn't get hurt. I was going fast enough that I could have gotten pretty messed up if I just flopped onto the ground like a rag doll instead of being in control of my fall. I bruised a rib and got a mouthfull of dirt but otherwise I'm fine, hahah.

I hope you're healed up and able to ride soon!

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion