All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums (http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/f-114/)
-   -   Anybody paying attention to the NFL playoffs? (http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/f-114/anybody-paying-attention-nfl-playoffs-48096/)

Ekholm 01-12-2010 05:53 PM

Anybody paying attention to the NFL playoffs?
 
Being a DIEHARD Steelers fan, I don't have a dog in the fight this year but....
Man, this is going to be a good playoff this year!!!!
Arizona got a gift.... (facemask on the last play, look it up AZ fans!!!)
New Orleans!!! What? These guys look good this year, fo sho. DALLAS, I HATE DALLAS!!!! What are they doing winning a game in the playoffs??? San Diego, Indianapolis, Baltimore, it's a toss up.
Me thinky it's going to be a good end of the season!!! :popcorn
As long as Dallas doesn't win the SuperBowl!!!! No six rings for them!!!!:nono:nutkick:stirthepot:stirthepot

pjg351 01-12-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekholm (Post 598796)
Being a DIEHARD Steelers fan, I don't have a dog in the fight this year but....
Man, this is going to be a good playoff this year!!!!
Arizona got a gift.... (facemask on the last play, look it up AZ fans!!!)
New Orleans!!! What? These guys look good this year, fo sho. DALLAS, I HATE DALLAS!!!! What are they doing winning a game in the playoffs??? San Diego, Indianapolis, Baltimore, it's a toss up.
Me thinky it's going to be a good end of the season!!! :popcorn
As long as Dallas doesn't win the SuperBowl!!!! No six rings for them!!!!:nono:nutkick:stirthepot:stirthepot

Now what's wrong with Dallas! I mean they are cute and athletic and more :whistle Thank goodness for some decent footy, yes Ekh the LFL , oh hang on! i see the dilema now your talk'n about the other footy :doh :D

http://www.lflus.com/dallasdesire/im...wdesire_11.jpg

DRGSin393 01-13-2010 07:35 AM

A toss up between Indy and Baltimore? What are you smoking dude?? GB had plenty of opportunities to win that game. They gave up a huge play w/ an AZ reciever being wide open, The got called for a penalty, AND they failed to protect their QB.

One thing Ill agree w/you is that this is one of the most exciting NFL playoffs in a long time. As Colts fans, were used to being excited this time of year, but this year, there are killer matchups all over the place.

Ekholm 01-13-2010 10:46 AM

I'm not saying that Indy shouldn't win that game. I think (and hope) they will. All I was saying was if the same Baltimore defense shows up in Indy, Manning will have his hands full.
I agree, there was missed calls all over the place in the GB/AZ game. Just dissapointing to see AZ win on a "no call" for a face mask in O.T. AZ played their a**es off and deserved the win.
Yes, it is one of the best playoff match-ups this year.
As long as Dallas doesn't win it all, I'll be happy!!!

longwoodklon 01-13-2010 11:04 AM

Chargers fan here. And I'm expecting we will host the Ravens next weekend. Sorry DRG.
Last year the Ravens went to Tenn, which was the #1 seed, and won. Flacco had a crappy game last week, and the Ravens still won. Indy should win, but...... With a Ravens QB throwing only 10 times in a game last week, you can see the game plan. Run, Run, Run, which will keep the ball out of Peyton's hands. It's why they say defense and a running game wins championships. And why for me, the Jets coming to town is a little scary. Don't quite see how the Chargers are 9.5 point favorites, I hope they jump out to a lead early and turn it into a shootout, otherwise it might come down to the wire. And last time we played the Jets down to the wire, it didn't turn out well.
I really like Brees(former Charger), and NO. That game should be fun to watch, maybe a higher total than the GB/ARZ game?! :hairraising final score, 55-49, in OT. haha

Mike

SabMotocross 01-13-2010 12:00 PM

Texans and Chargers fan here!

I'm thinking this IS one of the better playoff series in a long time. With teams such as the Jets and Ravens in the mix....things could get interesting. The Ravens pummeled N.E. and the Jets gave Cincinnati a beating....two weeks in a row. I like the changes in post-season participation.

Not sure how well Dallas will do, but they sure looked strong against Philly.

New Orleans has lost some of it's mojo, but I like watching Brees work his offense.

Right now, I'm pulling for San Diego to go all the way!

DRGSin393 01-13-2010 12:12 PM

It's why they say defense and a running game wins championships haha, this is from an era long gone. It doesnt hold true anymore, just look at whose been making it to the superbowl in recent years. Miami ran the Chit out of the ball and only gave the Colts 15 mins time of posession. When all you need is 2-3 mins to score TDs, that game plan doesnt work. Flacco WILL have to throw the ball to beat the Colts. Running, alone, wont do it. Many teams have run for over 100-200 yds/game against the Colts this year. All of them either lost or wouldve lost had we not put in the "B" team. Its not difficult to stack 8-9 in the box and make the Ravens throw the ball. Last game vs the Ravens, 4-5 trips inside the 20 netted in 0 TDs. Youre not going to hold the Colts to only Fgs, youll have to score TDs. The only team that scares me are the Chargers. Dont get me wrong, I dont think the Colts will blow out the Ravens, and anyone can beat anyone on a given day, but SD will be playing in Indy next week.

yzernie 01-13-2010 12:27 PM

Da BEARS!!!...............................oh, wait :(

DRGSin393 01-13-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yzernie (Post 598866)
Da BEARS!!!...............................oh, wait :(


Duuude, were discussing PROfessional football here-start your own pop warner thread.

yzernie 01-13-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRGSin393 (Post 598869)
Duuude, were discussing PROfessional football here-start your own pop warner thread.

[hanging my head in shame] I know :cry

MXtras 01-13-2010 12:50 PM

When does the NFL season start?



Scott

longwoodklon 01-13-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRGSin393 (Post 598863)
It's why they say defense and a running game wins championships haha, this is from an era long gone. It doesnt hold true anymore, just look at whose been making it to the superbowl in recent years. Miami ran the Chit out of the ball and only gave the Colts 15 mins time of posession. When all you need is 2-3 mins to score TDs, that game plan doesnt work. Flacco WILL have to throw the ball to beat the Colts. Running, alone, wont do it. Many teams have run for over 100-200 yds/game against the Colts this year. All of them either lost or wouldve lost had we not put in the "B" team. Its not difficult to stack 8-9 in the box and make the Ravens throw the ball. Last game vs the Ravens, 4-5 trips inside the 20 netted in 0 TDs. Youre not going to hold the Colts to only Fgs, youll have to score TDs. The only team that scares me are the Chargers. Dont get me wrong, I dont think the Colts will blow out the Ravens, and anyone can beat anyone on a given day, but SD will be playing in Indy next week.

An era long gone, I don't think so. The Miami game, well that wasn't playoff football. For that matter, Miami wasn't even a .500 team this year. Miami had a 3-1 time of possession advantage in that game. Don't expect to win a playoff game with those stats.

Sure, Indy should win this game. But look at the NYJ game they played a few weeks back, you guys played Peyton and company for basically 3 quarters and had only a 15-10 lead. Not exactly convincing.

And the Ravens game. You guys held them to FG, but still it was a 17-15 final. Again, not exactly a high scoring game. And not really convincing. Flacco has been pretty good, at home mostly. On the road, he's been pretty bad. We'll see which one shows up Sunday I guess.

When it comes down to it, do you guys(Indy) want to see the Chargers again? Haven't you had enough of us whipping your butts in the post season? Last time we did it with our best players sidelined. Indy should just :surrender. haha

Something I heard on a sports show today. Last 9 superbowls, only 1 has been won by a #1 seed. 4 have been won by #2 seeds. The stats just don't seem to favor NO or INDY winning. Now, the Chargers on the other hand.........:rockout

/Mike

DRGSin393 01-14-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longwoodklon (Post 598908)
An era long gone, I don't think so. The Miami game, well that wasn't playoff football. For that matter, Miami wasn't even a .500 team this year. Miami had a 3-1 time of possession advantage in that game. Don't expect to win a playoff game with those stats.

Sure, Indy should win this game. But look at the NYJ game they played a few weeks back, you guys played Peyton and company for basically 3 quarters and had only a 15-10 lead. Not exactly convincing.

And the Ravens game. You guys held them to FG, but still it was a 17-15 final. Again, not exactly a high scoring game. And not really convincing. Flacco has been pretty good, at home mostly. On the road, he's been pretty bad. We'll see which one shows up Sunday I guess.
7-0 40-0, matters not- a win is a win. the truth still remains that if colts win 7-6, the ravens are making vacation plans, theres no need for high scoring games. indy scores TDs, their opponents need to score TDs. Indy had a 23 reg season game winning streak before they "gave it away" to the Jets. The Jets had no chance. Check how many points indy scored in the 4th Q this year. If youre basing your thoughts on the jets, youre sadly mistaken.
When it comes down to it, do you guys(Indy) want to see the Chargers again? Haven't you had enough of us whipping your butts in the post season? Last time we did it with our best players sidelined. Indy should just :surrender. haha
You want to beat the best teams to consider yourself Superbowl champs- the Colts arent shying away from the Chargers, bring it.
Something I heard on a sports show today. Last 9 superbowls, only 1 has been won by a #1 seed. 4 have been won by #2 seeds. The stats just don't seem to favor NO or INDY winning. Now, the Chargers on the other hand.........:rockoutRecords are made to be broken..as in 4 MVPs, 23 reg season game winning streaks, winningest team of the decade, most consecutive 12 game win seasons, winningest rookie head coach......

/Mike

When the time comes, and hopefully it will, Ill gladly put up my benjamin against yours.

longwoodklon 01-14-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRGSin393 (Post 598955)
When the time comes, and hopefully it will, Ill gladly put up my benjamin against yours.

You got yourself a deal. :thumb I think that will be one of the most exciting games in years, if it happens. A friendly wager just makes the game that much more exciting. /Mike

SabMotocross 01-14-2010 11:35 AM

Can we make a poll considering this thread!?

DRGSin393 01-14-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longwoodklon (Post 598965)
You got yourself a deal. :thumb I think that will be one of the most exciting games in years, if it happens. A friendly wager just makes the game that much more exciting. /Mike

I def 2nd how good that game would be! Heck, to me, thats the Superbowl. The top 2 teams in the NFL.

DRGSin393 01-16-2010 09:24 PM

<looking around> man, this place is quiet. whered did all the Colts haters go?

SikspakD 01-16-2010 11:35 PM

Doc, it looks like tonights game against the Ravens shut everyone up. You have to score touchdowns against the Colts to have a chance, hands down. Colt D is too powerful to allow TD's in the RED. Peyton Mannings surgical accuracy passing the pigskin highly surpasses a slow scoring running game. You have to score within 5 min a Qtr like the Colts to succeed, or play against Indy B team to win. * Yeah NY, you know who you are!

Indy was ready to play a game tonight, and it showed.

DRGSin393 01-16-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SikspakD (Post 599159)
Doc, it looks like tonights game against the Ravens shut everyone up. You have to score touchdowns against the Colts to have a chance, hands down. Colt D is too powerful to allow TD's in the RED. Peyton Mannings surgical accuracy passing the pigskin highly surpasses a slow scoring running game. You have to score within 5 min a Qtr like the Colts to succeed, or play against Indy B team to win. * Yeah NY, you know who you are!

Indy was ready to play a game tonight, and it showed.

Dang straight! :lmao well said. Ole ray Ray was quiet tonight also- not a pep out of that chest pounding, overcelebrating, con.

SikspakD 01-16-2010 11:48 PM

Ray Rice is probably planning a trip right now, comparing prices on price line.com
C-ya next year Baltimore!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright ©2002-2017, JDub Consulting, Inc. All Right Reserved.