All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2004, 12:41 PM
Novice Class

Default Re: The Allessi's are in Houston

Quote:
Originally posted by DCox
"Therapture" and "Davbrucas." After posting this I just had the pleasure of reading your intervening comments.

Are you gentlemen 17 years of age?

If not, I would suggest that you PM directly and I will gladly apologize for any offense given, as I have above.

However, if you wish to escalate this unnecessarily . . . .:
i am 33, he is 34. but i guess we are both going on 17? you have lost your idiot status as far as i am concerned. mike alessi is an arrogant punk kid, but what i am saying is that werent you at some point in your 16th yr of life? especially if you have everyone telling you how bada$$ you are every day of your life? looks like he believes it! sorry if you were offended by mine or keiths comments. actually, keith is one of the nicest guys you will meet. me on the other hand! : j/k

david
Old 12-01-2004, 01:31 PM
ATM! Addict

Funny thing is ....I call some of my best friends "JACKASS" on occasion!
Old 12-01-2004, 01:37 PM
ATM! Pro Class

You know, the problem with the whole Alessi thing is this.....if the kids were away from Tony they would probably be fine. Tony seems to suffer from the "Don King Syndrome" and has made more than a few enemies in the industry over the past few years. Seems like his ego causes him to make poor choices for his kids.

Look at the hit list since the summer:
Honda
Alloy gear
Bell helmets
the "Believe the hype" shirts

These kids are only 16 years old. THEY have a right to be arrogant. They are talented and fast, but they will have to live with the press and the clippings that their dad saddles them with Until Tony learns to quit speaking in the third person and let the kid's riding speak for the family, I don't see this situation improving.

At least it gives us something to talk about on the internet now that the election is over.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:26 PM
ATM Contributor!

On the subject of the Alessis being nice in person, I would have to vouch for that actually. They were at Log Road a couple of years ago and Mike actually held one of my friends bikes up while he prepared his starting gate, as my friend also did the same for him. Nice enough in person no doubt...however he needs to work on his international skills a bit.

I tend to agree if he was removed from his fathers presence the kid would be fine in the public eye.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:28 PM
ATM! Addict

No one has ever held my bike for me at the gate!!

Now MxMike.....he serenaded my bike with an accordian! That was special......
Old 12-01-2004, 02:36 PM
ATM Contributor!

Yeah that was special all-right. lol.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Pro Class

I personally met Jeff at the Southeast regional for lorretta lynn's and was within like five feet of mike, and Jeff seemed to be a nice kid. We had a nice conversation, you could tell he was kind of cocky, but i would be too if i was that fast! I think they're overall pretty good kids.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Expert Class

Satch the official term is "JASS-ONKEY" and I get called it all the time.

As far as the Alessi's go, dont know'em.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Pro Class

I am still a little puzzled here about the relevance of whether the Allessi kid is "nice" in person or not. I saw an interview with him on ESPN after Milleville and I concur, he sounded like a typical 16 year old boy. I will even go so far as to grant the truthfulness of everyone who has met him in person--he is in fact a nice kid in person.

My point, however, is beside this one. Whether he is naughty or nice--whatever--I am interested in him giving an account of things he has stated on the record very recently. If you have not read those interviews, I have provided just brief excerpts and references to their entirety in other posts. They are absolutely outlandish!

However, there is even a bit of irony in this same regard that has emerged even within this thread today.

Someone was offended for me having called them out by quoting their opinion and commenting on it in a negative way. In retrospect I see precisely why this individual (see above) would feel the way they do and I therefore apologized.

Moreover, I am actually saddened that through a foolish choice on my part, I brought unnecessary grief and embarrassment to someone else. Consequently, I will make a very deliberate effort in the future not to repeat these actions. After all, that is precisely the way I like to be treated by others.

But notice that M. Allessi has called ALOT of pros out by name as well (even prior to any pro race), and they have let him know on numerous occasions and in numerous ways just how insulting and disrespectful they considered his behavior.

My question is simple: Why did he not apologize to these guys and just simply admit that all those interviews and "the hype" was disrespectful and wrong? Instead, in the MX mags. after both Milleville and Steel City Allessi continued to justify why he showed such incredible disrespect to a large number of pro riders. And all of this to his own harm I might add.

So for the record, I don't hate him, and I believe you guys when you state that he is a "nice" kid. But I am also absolutely perplexed at the type of pass he is getting from some people here and elsewhere in the MX community. Sure he is fast, and he may even win titles in the future, but I think he really needs to iron this stuff out before he will ever be a champion.

JMHO, and I will leave it at that--for now.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Novice Class

did you hear him say these outlandish things? you arent ignorant enough to believe what the media writes are you? please drop the attempts at sounding intellectual. it has the opposite affect as you would think on these message boards... JMO
Old 12-01-2004, 03:51 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Davbrucas, did you miss the apology?
Old 12-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Pro Class

Quote:
Originally posted by davbrucas
did you hear him say these outlandish things? you arent ignorant enough to believe what the media writes are you? please drop the attempts at sounding intellectual. it has the opposite affect as you would think on these message boards... JMO
Well, I write precisely as words come to my mind. Sorry if it comes across as pretentuous to you. That is not my aim. Funny that you bring it up, though, because as an educator I get frustrated when colleagues of mine engage in unnecessary technical jargon (so see my article on this very point here).

But lest you think I am some sort of poser, I do in fact have earned academic degrees (terminal) and experience sufficient to back this up--but again, that is beside the point and would be as obnoxious to push in your face as your comment was to push in mine.

If you wish to make further personal comments, however, again, I would urge you to PM directly if you want to talk about it reasonably.

In answer to your actual question, as noted, they were on record in print in the MX magazines that you and most of the MX community subscribe to.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:29 PM
Pro Class

Quote:
Originally posted by Satch0922
No one has ever held my bike for me at the gate!!
i was kind enough to try holding your front brake for you when we were lined up at the gate for the first gmb/tt moto this year. does that not count?

-Z
Old 12-01-2004, 04:43 PM
Novice Class

i have academic degrees as well, but the verbage, pretentious or not, seems out of place on a 'gear-head' msg board! no harm intended on my posts, so please do not take offense.

david

yes, i saw the apology.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:22 PM
ATM Contributor!

Satch...I helf your bike up for you once, but I am sure you do not remember that...you had taken a little spill

As far as the Alessi campe...don't know em and do not have strong opinions on them. I think there is always some arrogance with any professional athlete, especially in a sport where one person gets most/all of the attention for the team (similar to auto racing, tennis, golf, etc.) Not saying it is justified, but reality. I do think arrogance probably plays a part in being able to compete at those levels...but what do I know.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:35 PM
Expert Class

Quote:
Originally posted by zoohoot393
...but what do I know. [/B]
You know video.....You know how to make us all laugh.....you know how to take care of my kids at the track and the hotel when I'm not there.....ZOOHOOT you know plenty bro and thanks!!!!!!! Jake says He's almost ready to try and crack another rib over jumping the double....:
Old 12-01-2004, 06:53 PM
ATM! Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by psyklone393
i was kind enough to try holding your front brake for you when we were lined up at the gate for the first gmb/tt moto this year. does that not count?

-Z

I stand corrected. Psyklone did indeed hold my front brake in before the start of the first ATM moto at the GMB...trying to sabatoge an already doomed start for old #9 !! LOL
Old 12-01-2004, 06:54 PM
ATM! Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zoohoot393
Satch...I helf your bike up for you once, but I am sure you do not remember that...you had taken a little spill
Your right Zoo...I have no earthly idea what your referring to LOL. But thank you anyway!
Old 12-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Pro Class

Quote:
Originally posted by Satch0922
I stand corrected. Psyklone did indeed hold my front brake in before the start of the first ATM moto at the GMB...trying to sabatoge an already doomed start for old #9 !! LOL
and just for you, buddy, i'd do it again in a heartbeat.
lol!

-Z
Old 12-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Intermediate Class

About the Alessi's. They both went to my middle school and I knew mike. He always gave his friend which is also my friend free stuff( goggles, bars, glasses, energy drinks, etc). He is a pretty cool kid but can get to be cocky.

I know if I was that fast I would probably be a little cocky too!

I get his little email every week just like clicea, and I have seen many pictures of him with little kids and articles saying how he has helped younger riders. Hes a cool kid but sometimes comes off the wrong way! I know I do all the time, just ask DBD!

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion