All Things Moto! Web Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Web Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bike Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bikes - KTM

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2009, 05:43 AM
Beginner Class

readme ktm 50 clutch help

hi i jus got a new ktm 50 sxr pro jr and the cluch is bad , idk how to get it out any answers?????
Old 06-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

You can send a note to Motman, as he had one & knows a little about them or you can post the same question over at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If you don't find any help, let me know & I'll ask my friend if he can help you out.
Sponsored Ads
Old 06-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Beginner Class

i cant find no one to help me
Old 06-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Big M is right. KTMTalk will definitely help you. Give them time.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Welcome To ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerskdx80 View Post
hi i jus got a new ktm 50 sxr pro jr and the cluch is bad , idk how to get it out any answers?????
Hi,

I have recently undergone my bit by bit clutch adjust and replace training for a KTM 50 so i will try to help....

1. Drain ATF oil from the gearbox using the drain plug that's located directly under the engine on the back of the gearbox??
2. Remove gearbox cover - 5-6 bolts.
3. You will see the clutch within a fly wheel case in front of a large cog. You will also see a locking nut on the end of the crank that poke through the middle of the clutch. If you try to losen this the engine will simply turn! so get a screw driver and push it through the clutch(between one of the shoes) and through holes both in the fly wheel and large cog behind. You have to do a little bit of back and forth turning to find the holes. once in place you can remove the locking nut.
4. The 3 clutch shoes all fix in to a triangular block in the middle. You will see two holes on this block. They are for the clutch puller (ebay for 10) or i have see some home made versions. Install the clutch puller and tighten the large bolt provided in to the middle hole. This will pull the clutch off the crank shaft.

Hope this helps.... also... once you start down the road of adjusting the clutch you will find many variants. If you need any help with this gimme a nudge and i'll help as much as i can.

Gavin
Old 10-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Welcome To ATM

Default help for me?????????????

Im new to the site but was reading about the 50 clutch. My son just burned his up, and i will be replacing it this weekend. how do you know if you have to adjust it. and how do you accomplish this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin2121 View Post
Hi,

I have recently undergone my bit by bit clutch adjust and replace training for a KTM 50 so i will try to help....

1. Drain ATF oil from the gearbox using the drain plug that's located directly under the engine on the back of the gearbox??
2. Remove gearbox cover - 5-6 bolts.
3. You will see the clutch within a fly wheel case in front of a large cog. You will also see a locking nut on the end of the crank that poke through the middle of the clutch. If you try to losen this the engine will simply turn! so get a screw driver and push it through the clutch(between one of the shoes) and through holes both in the fly wheel and large cog behind. You have to do a little bit of back and forth turning to find the holes. once in place you can remove the locking nut.
4. The 3 clutch shoes all fix in to a triangular block in the middle. You will see two holes on this block. They are for the clutch puller (ebay for 10) or i have see some home made versions. Install the clutch puller and tighten the large bolt provided in to the middle hole. This will pull the clutch off the crank shaft.

Hope this helps.... also... once you start down the road of adjusting the clutch you will find many variants. If you need any help with this gimme a nudge and i'll help as much as i can.

Gavin
Old 10-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Rockin A class

I had a pro SR thinking it would be a good pit bike. I would have been if I didnt burn up a clutch in a week. It's pretty straight foward and easy to do. They used cuped washers as springs for the clutch. You cannot make the clutch engage sooner and still have power. The clutch needs to kick in when the motor is almost into the power band. Anyways I bought a puller for mine and used it a few times, I can sell it to you if you need. Also a good thing to do is put more than the recomended amount of fluid in the tranny. This clutch produces so much heat it's unbelieveable. I changed the tranny fluid after every ride and it was nasty black every time i changed it. If you got any questions PM me.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Beginner Class

best info on the web....[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

All Things Moto! Web Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bike Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bikes - KTM